Monday, January 16, 2006

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

So I wore my Malcolm X t-shirt today in support of the cause of justice that today is supposed to be all about. I always experience a strange mix of amusement and discomfort when placed under the scrutiny of public opinion while wearing that shirt. Coming to terms with plurality is an ongoing process for me, and I still sometimes feel self-conscious...concerned that people will see my white skin and blue eyes and wonder what I could possibly understand about issues of inequality. But they can go to hell, I'm wearing my fucking t-shirt.

I also locked my keys in my car today. I was at the pet store getting buying food for the oh-so-spectacular Harold the Bunny, and somehow left my keys in the ignition with the car running. Not one of my brighter moves. And the bastards at Pop-A-Lock charge a fortune just to stick a little rod down my window. Oh the effrontery.

0 Old Comments: