Saturday, August 09, 2008

Day Two

I've been feeling pretty euphoric about the weather ever since we
arrived. It's something like 70 degrees here, and even when it rained
the humidity was nothing like Louisiana's. I am, however much less
impressed with the food thus far. Aside from Abuela's beans and rice,
it's been mediocre at best. I haven't been into the city yet though,
I'm sure it's much better there. This morning I took a long walk
around the BEAUTIFUL Connecticut coast, then we drove down to the
outer boroughs with Nick's Aunt Kathy. We went to the block in the
Bronx where she and Nick's dad grew up, and we visited some relatives
from the Greek side of the family in Queens. After that, we took the
train to Shea Stadium for the Mets game. Nick's a huge Mets fan, and
as I, oddly, have dated several men obsessed with the Mets, I've
gotten to be a bit of a fan myself. We had a really good time. I'm
blogging from my phone on the ride back to CT, but I'll try to post a
picture. It may not work. Then again, it may.

0 Old Comments: