Thursday, August 07, 2008

The Month in a Post

I had an engagement party, chose a cake baker, and cheated on my caterer by meeting with another. Best Friend Roommate and My Other Friend From High School For Whom I Have No Nickname came to visit from Atlanta. Let's just get it out there: I'm going to call her Laura, because that's her name. Laura broke her foot while she was sleeping shortly before coming to visit, so she hobbled around on crutches the entire time. We called her Hop-Along.

I got in a huge fight with my sister and we almost never spoke again, but it's all been resolved now. I made some extra cash by tutoring LSU football players. It's not nearly as glamorous as it sounds. I took engagement pictures, which are now posted on my cousin/photographer's Flikr.

And, starting tomorrow, I'll be on the best vacation I've had in years. Over a ten day span we'll be visiting Connecticut, New York City, and Rhode Island. I plan to do all kinds of obnoxious touristy things in the city, see a Backstreet Boys concert in Connecticut, and do absolutely nothing in Rhode Island.

I distinctly remember, ten years ago, camping out all night at the local mall for Backstreet Boys tickets, only to get to the front of line and be told that the New Orleans Superdome had sold out. My parents loved their two little teeny boppers so much that they actually bought us tickets for Memphis, and the whole family drove all the way to Tennessee to watch the Backstreet Boys from nosebleed seats. We also visited Graceland, home of Elvis, while in town. It's funny to me that, at 23, I got free tickets to see them at the Mohegan Sun Resort. It seems they've fallen a notch or two.

0 Old Comments: