Sunday, August 31, 2008

sadly, i'm still sober

I'd kill for a fucking drink right now, but we're staying with a recovering alcoholic and, while he's been clean and sober for a few years now, I'd be blatantly using alcohol to cope with stress and that would be awkward.
 
I've been watching CNN and The Weather Channel pretty much nonstop, which sucks. I remember before and after Katrina how infinitely more informed the local news stations were, and I wish that I could stream them online or something, but I can't. I've heard a lot of talk about how I should turn off the TV or watch something else because it's just stressing me out, but I've been trying to find a way to justify watching anyway. My friend Laura pointed out that at times like this, you really just want to be connected to what's going on. It seems odd to me to pretend like it's not happening. It is. I'll worry about coping in a healthy manner once the dust has settled. Right now, I could use about four beers.

0 Old Comments: