Saturday, April 08, 2006

It's a Beautiful, Beautiful Day

And I'm huddled on my couch wrapped in blanket, seeking company in my laptop and ipod.

Last night I held my birthday extravaganza. I'm still trying to work the rum out of my system. I'm leaving bright and early tomorrow morning for Panama City Beach, and I would love to go lay out today so perhaps I won't blend right into the sand, but I just can't seem to motivate myself to leave the couch. I need to pack, I need to return the spakers I bought for the party to Wal-Mart (that's right, I bought a set of speakers fully intending to return them the day after the party. I paused briefly to consider whether I thought this was wrong or immoral, and then my roommate told me, "Fuck Wal-Mart! Bunch of conglomerate assholes, jip those bitches out of all the money you can!") and there's a shitload of beer left in the keg that I don't even have the energy to do something about.

It's bad when I can't motivate myself to lay out by the pool and drink beer. But I'm going to be spending the next five days doing exactly that: wasting away in a Sprimg Break oasis of sun, sand, and debauchery. I plan to sustain myself on alcohol and peanut butter and jelly all week. Words cannot even express how excited I am. The beach is my very favorite place in the world to be. I'm hoping to come back feeling refreshed, rejuvenated, tan and a little bit stupider. God knows I'm not bringing anything with me at all reminiscent of the real world, including a computer, so expect to hear back from me in a week or so.

P.S.
my parents totally gave me a laptop and a bottle of Captain Morgan for my birthday. They're so awesome.

0 Old Comments: