Tuesday, June 06, 2006

you give love a bad name

I'm a good guy's worst nightmare, fickle and heartless. I don't know what I want, but I relentlessly pursue whatever I can get, only to dismiss it arbitrarily. I'll let you take me out, buy me drinks, sleep in my bed, but don't you dare get too attached. Like me, want me, but dear God don't need me. I'm not ready to be your concept of monogamy.

I don't want you placing all your cards on me, because I can't promise I'll pull through.

Present yourself as a challenge, and I'm all about winning the game. Show me the game's already been won, and I'm terrified of a prize I haven't earned. I'll run, or worse, stay.

You don't want me, I'm a mess. I seem so innocent. I'm not.

I looked in the mirror last night, and saw that I was the disaster. And I felt lonely.


technoarti tags:

2 Old Comments:

Charlotte,
I decided to blog-stalk you and this part of your post made me sad.
"I looked in the mirror last night, and saw that I was the disaster. And I felt lonely."
You aren't a disaster...quite the opposite in my opinion. And you don't have to feel lonely, because I'm here for you anytime you feel lonely or need someone to talk to. I feel like I'm always the one calling you to chat, so I've been trying not to annoy you. Anyways, just wanted to let you know that i love ya...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Jun 07, 01:22:00 AM CDT  

honey, you're just having fun. that's not a disaster. that's being single and being comfortable being single. there's nothing wrong with playing a little before you settle down.

By Blogger copasetic fish, at Wed Jun 07, 09:20:00 PM CDT