Wednesday, May 31, 2006

La di da di da di da di

I'm in such an oh-so-pleasant mood today.

Oh yes, apparently it's the week of mood swings, but that's cool with me. I'm not sure if it's the sunshine, or the fact that a new project I'm starting at work is kicking off today, or the abundance of male attention, or the still-good hair, but I'm not complaining. It's surprisingly easy to not fret over a particular boy I was beginning to like who has turned out to be a bit of a disappointment.

I'm back to three jobs now, as of today, because I'm po' as fuck. On the one hand, I'm pissed that I've had to crawl right back to waitressing, for I am not a big fan of waitressing. I have worked at this particular restaurant before, and I quit because I didn't feel valued as a person. All they care about is how fast I can get their fucking food out. They don't give a shit whether I'm intelligent, or caring, or counsel suicidal callers at my other job. I am nothing but a piece of equipment to them, and I'm not okay with that.

On the other hand, I'm making fat cash, which can in turn be used to finance such necessities as cover charges, alcohol, cigarettes and eating out. To borrow from a fellow blogger, these are all essential contributions to the category of Things That Make Charlotte Happy.

technorati tags:

0 Old Comments: