Wednesday, September 06, 2006

shake gently, serve chilled

I've decided to finally stop bitching about the twenty pounds I've gained since sophomore year and start actually doing something about it. I've been making excuses for way too long now about not having time or money to eat healthy or go the rec, which is mostly true. Eating healthy means going to the store more often, spending more money on what I buy, actually having to invest time in cooking, and avoiding the temptation and convenience of fast food. And I hate the fucking rec, it's always way too crowded in the evenings. I hate having to fight my way through hordes of sorority girls who get all hottified to go work out while I'm rockin the sweaty look. It's not great for my body image.

But suddenly, I'm feeling motivated, and I'm going to take advantage of it. I'm generally a huge pig, I eat way too much. So it's a slim-fast for breakfast, another one with a granola bar for lunch, and a small early dinner. No more eating huge meals at 10 pm. I don't have to cook all of the time, I can eat on my way to class, it's perfect.

I'm even trying to con various others into helping me maintain a fitness routine. Best Friend Rooommate and I are taking a spinning class together, which is gonna kick my ass. Nick, the boyfriend, claims that he's going to teach me tennis, but I'll believe it when I see it. I think he's underestimating just how annoying I can be when I suck at something. I'm gonna spend about five minutes actually trying to learn, and then declare that I am hopelessly uncoordinated and will never be able to even hit the fucking ball, and commence to be as irritating as possible until he lets me quit.

What will be nice, though, is to be able to slip into some of those size 2 jeans I've been refusing to give away for two years. I just hope my ass doesn't get any smaller, I'm rockin an A-cup here so the junk in the trunk is greatly appreciated.

0 Old Comments: