Saturday, December 09, 2006

ups and downs

Just a few hours ago, I literally thought to myself, "You know, if I happened to die in a horrible accident right now, I'd be okay with that. I've had a pretty good day."

I can be a bit morbid at times. Trust me, I'm not suicidal, although if I were it'd be quite ironic, considering I work at a suicide hotline. No not suicidal, I'd just had a great day. I woke up this morning next to my favorite person in the world, then got up and actually did my hair and makeup for maybe the third time in as many weeks. I can barely remember the last time I spent more than ten minutes on my appearance. Then I went to lunch at one of my favorite places with Best Friend Roommate before going to see a classic feel-good chick flick. Despite the nature of a relationship implied by the term "roommate," she and I rarely see each other for more than a few minutes at a time, so it was great to have a little girl-date nestled between dead week and finals. After the movie, I went over to Nick's to spend some time with him before he left to spend a few days at his parents house, and on my way home gave my leftovers from lunch to a homeless guy sitting outside the gas station where I stopped to buy cigarettes. I was in a pretty good mood.

Another old friend of mine, Jesse, texted to ask if he could call me for some advice when he got off of work. I told him sure, but I had plans at eleven to go see my friend David's band at one of my favorite bars with Cassie. Ten o'clock rolls around, and I still can't get in touch with Cassie, despite the fact that she called me yesterday just to make sure that I still wanted to go. Jesse called when he got off as promised, but five minutes later his girlfriend beeped in and he hasn't called me back. I guess the problem was resolved. My backup date for Dave's show, Sarah, is "a bit tied up," apparently; she says she'll tell me about it later. I called Carleigh, to see if she wanted to go, but she wanted me to come meet her at another bar instead. I thought about it, but I've got my sister's dog for the weekend and I'd have to lock her up (she's still a puppy) and really only Dave's show would be worth locking her up for.

So Nick's at his parents' house, and Cassie flaked out on me, and I'm going to bed before eleven on a Saturday night. I'm feeling oddly lonely. I didn't give the guy outside the gas station the cheesecake I'd had for dessert, so maybe I'll go pig out on some calories for good measure before bedtime.

0 Old Comments: