Sunday, November 05, 2006

Today's a big day for me.

StandUp for Kids - Baton Rouge is holding its first volunteer training session this afternoon. This is the last big step toward getting out on the streets and doing Outreach. I'm so excited that everything seems to be coming along so quickly. I've been working so hard, as has the rest of our leadership team, and we've got big dreams for what we'll accomplish in the next year.

Today is Best Friend Roommate's 22nd birthday, the 9th anniversary of our friendship. It's the last of her birthdays we'll be in the same state for, at least for the foreseeable future, so I'm a bit sad. I'm pretty sure she's studying Internal Auditing all day, which is even more sad. That girl needs a vacation.

Coincidentally, today also marks a year since Bryan and I broke up. A week ago, his girlfriend sent me a facebook message telling me she feels really bad about hurting me and she wants me to call her so we can go to lunch and talk about it. She said she just wanted to get everything out in the open. While this is something I would have really liked to do eight months ago or so, I'm not really interested now. I told her I'm pretty much over it, and I've moved on from that part of my life. I'm happier now than I had been for a long time, and I wish them the same kind of happiness. It felt good to say all of that and mean it.

And last but not least, today is Nick and I's four month anniversary. I honestly wish that Bryan and I would have broken up a good two years before we did, just so I could have moved on and found this guy sooner. I spent enough time dating around while I was single to know when I've found one I like. And while he's most certainly not perfect, he comes closer to perfect for me than anyone else ever has. I'm very happy with him.

Aren't we cute?

0 Old Comments: