Friday, April 14, 2006

blissful satisfaction, no sex necessary

I've spent the last five days laying on the beach, drinking tasty tropical concoctions before noon, staying up till dawn and dancing my ass off in the tiki bar. I'm exhausted, exhilarated, sunburnt, hoarse and, most importantly, completely and totally gratified. I could not be more satisfied with my break from reality.

At the moment, I'm prolonging my return to such mundane things as school and work and real life by staying tonight and tomorrow at my parents' house. I came in tonight to eat boiled seafood with my parents and hang out with my sister, who I am appreciating more and more each day as an awesome person and an amazing friend, despite how convinced I was for most of my adolescent years that we would never have anything in common. I'm staying tomorrow because the Captain of Industry is going to be in town(yeah, remember him? Here's a recap: beginning and end). Have no fear, I harbor absolutely no intention of getting back together with him at this point, but we are still good friends and I do still like him quite a bit. I haven't seen him in three months, and I am really looking forward to it.

Anyway, at this precise moment, I am perfectly content with everything that makes up my universe. I love myself, my friends, my family, my home, and my life. And I am happy. And relaxed. Comfortable. And it's beautiful.

0 Old Comments: