Tuesday, May 15, 2007

school's out for summer


The papers and the tests are all over, and a phenomenon has begun which can only be understood by someone who lives in an area almost entirely populated by college students--summer traffic.

I love summer traffic. I love summer. But neither do I love nearly as much as being done with college. I've been irrationally anxious over the last two weeks about graduating, convinced that some unforseen disaster--a teacher on a rampage, perhaps, or a misinformed academic advisor--would crush all my dreams of finally being done with English Literature. But I woke up this morning to find all of my grades posted, far from failing, and commencement instructions in my inbox. I couldn't be more relieved.

So Friday I'll be walking my happy little ass across that stage and getting my diploma. Don't I look happy? That's because grad school's still three months away. Just kidding. I love school...

0 Old Comments: