Tuesday, July 11, 2006

inertia

There are some mornings when I wake up and cigarettes hold no appeal for me. I light up anyway, because nicotine is a quickly forming habit, and think the entire time how unpleasant this activity is for me. And yet I continue to smoke. I do not say to myself, this is disgusting, and put it out. I smoke the whole thing, miserable with every puff.

There have been relationships in my life which ceased to fulfill my needs. I stayed in them anyway, because apparently I'm big on routine, and thought every day about how unhappy I was. And yet I continued to tell myself that this was what I wanted. I did not say to myself, this relationship is no longer good for me, and move on. I stuck it out, until the decision to end it was made for me.

I fill my body with poison, deluding myself into complacency.

Objects in motion tend to stay in motion, and objects at rest tend to stay at rest unless an outside force acts upon them.

0 Old Comments: