Thursday, January 04, 2007

insert witty title

I've taken the Myers-Briggs several times in my life, always promptly forgetting my results as soon as I get them, but I took it again the other day just out of curiosity, and it was freakishly accurate. I'm an ENFP. There were two links to descriptions at the end of the test, one of which listed pretty much everything I like to think about myself. The other one, with a disclaimer at the top reading, "The following comes partially from the archetype, but mostly from my own dealings with ENFPs," was written by someone who is obviously not a fan of folks like me. One phrase, in particular, was straight out of my mother's mouth, accusing me of "neglecting [my] nearest and dearest while flitting around trying to save the world."

Whatev. Saving the world's going pretty well for me these days. I'm getting back into the swing of things after the holidays, with meetings and web conferences and outreach sessions all lined up for my last two weeks of semi-freedom before classes start again. We were supposed to go out to the streets today, wandering the bad side of town handing out information to store clerks and posting fliers in mall bathrooms in hopes of making contact with the oh-so-elusive homeless youth population that we can't seem to get our hands on (they work pretty hard to be invisible so they don't get picked up and taken back to abusive homes, which makes them tough for us to find). But alas, it's been raining all day, so we couldn't go. No way am I asking my volunteers to go tredging through the ghetto in a thunderstorm.

And, of course I must mention the fact that I went to the Sugar Bowl yesterday, and it was awesome. I went down Tuesday night, got a horrible night's sleep in a hotel on Canal Street (I paid nothing for the room, so I can't really complain that the others were obnoxiously drunk and kept me up all night), ate the best Eggs Benedict I've ever had in my life in the French Quarter, and had more than a few beers at The Bar That Never Closed During Katrina, then headed over, drunk off my ass, to the Superdome to watch my beloved Tigers beat the piss out of Notre Dame. It was bittersweet, as it's the last game I'll ever attend as a student, or as an undergrad at least, but I'm so glad it was in New Orleans and I was able to go, and I had a lot of fun.

0 Old Comments: