Sunday, February 18, 2007

Photoblogging Mardi Gras


So, Copasetic Fish came and visited me this weekend for Mardi Gras! We partied hardy. I took pictures.




First, we parked the car and walked to meet Nick and his friends at our spot on St. Charles. Then we took some pictures, but you don't get to see any of them except for Nick and I. I like this picture.

Then, some time later, the floats came. There were marching bands and flambeau dancers as well and even Styx and Journey and Taylor Hicks were there playing music for us, but since it was dark and everything was moving I couldn't get any good pictures.


There were masked men throwing beads at us, but we just kept asking for more.


Don't they look frightening? They're really very nice. They give you beads if you smile and yell and wave, which I do very well thanks to years of practice on the mean streets of St. Tammany Parish. I even caught a pair of panties. And a spear.


Then they threw beads at my face. They thought I was smiling too much.


But no worries, after a very brief recovery period, I was ready to go again. Don't you even think I wasn't catching beads with my free hand. The cold beer to the forehead inspires sympathy and amusement, which earns me extra beads.


We gave a bunch of our beads away to little kids, but we still had a lot left over. They're pretty much useless come Ash Wednesday. I always have the hardest time figuring out what to do with them, because I hate to just throw them away. This year someone told me I could donate them to charity, so I'm going to look into that.

0 Old Comments: