Tuesday, January 16, 2007

saving the world is killing me

Thanks so much e. for the comment and the link, it means a lot to me, and that really is exactly what I've been thinking about for the past few days.

I talked with my counselor about this yesterday. She did some math and told me that I'm essentially working a 57 hour week right now. I really don't want to stop any of the things that I do, so the solution is for me to manage it better. I've got a bit of a plan and I'm pretty excited about it.

I think it's just important for me to remember that I have a right to a life led for me. I've always thought that if I'm capable of doing something, and I have the opportunity to do it, then I should, and that's just not true. Just because I'm able to do something doesn't mean that I have to, or that if I don't do it nobody else will. And if I don't make time to take care of myself, I won't be saving the world much longer. I'll be turning tricks to pay for my psych meds.

0 Old Comments: