Saturday, February 03, 2007

afterglow

There's a reason why I don't plan fundraisers or write budgets or delegate funds. I suck at money, I don't care about money, all I care about is the products and services that money can buy me. When it comes to nonprofit management, this is not a strength.

However, because I AM an effective leader, I have delegated all of these responsibilities to Sarah: someone who thrives on bossing people around and thinking about money. The past few weeks, I have reveled in the fact that I didn't have to know all the details, I didn't have to check up on her to make sure everything was going well. I could just trust her.

So last night, we held our first benefit and it was GREAT! There was comedy, there was music, there was...ribbon dancing? I have no idea how to estimate profits--I was thinking maybe we'd pull out with $500 bucks, but when we got the final count it was $1200, and I couldn't be more ecstatic.

0 Old Comments: